Dental Implants in Richardson, TX
When you need to replace a tooth and want a restoration that is as close to the real thing as possible, we suggest a dental implant. Implants can be topped with Cerec® crowns to replace a single tooth. Additionally, they can provide stable anchoring points for a dental bridge. Dentures can also be anchored with mini dental implants instead of denture adhesives. What else makes dental implant technology so special?
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Dental implants topped with restorations look & feel just like real teeth.
- If you practice good oral hygiene, dental implants can last a life-time.
- Implants will help maintain healthy jawbone density.
- No special care is needed for dental implants.
- You will be able to eat, speak and smile with ease.
- Dental implants are suitable for patients of all ages.
The Dental Implant Process
The dental implant is made of a biocompatible titanium post which will act as a substitute for your tooth root. Our dentists surgically implant the post into your jawbone and secure the gum tissue over the top. During the healing process, the bone naturally grows around the post and integrates it into the jawbone. Healing can take between 3 to 6 months but it’s worth the wait because as the bone bonds with the post, it preserves facial structure and prevents bone deterioration. After healing, an extension post will be placed on top of the implant and it will be topped off with a custom-made tooth restoration.
A healthy jawbone is a prerequisite for a dental implant. Our dentists will determine if you have sufficient jawbone density. If you need a bone graft to get ready for the implant, it will add a little time to the healing process but we promise you’ll love your new smile.Schedule an Appointment